Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The BEST surprise I have ever had...Disneyland!

2 weeks ago, during one of my sadness and crying sessions, I mentioned to Jack how I just wanted to get away. I needed something to look forward to, but I knew we couldn't afford it. (That made me cry more) Jack did his best to make me feel better, knowing that that very day he had started plotting a surprise with his mission buddy Dave to take me to Disneyland. Of course when I heard that Dave had helped Jack put this all together with a few hook ups and suggestions for Jack I cried more. It was the nicest thing for him to be so mindful of us.
When we got there Jack saw how excited I was, and happy that he arranged for a two day visit with the help of his Grandparents. They were so mindful and sent us a little something for our anniversary. In the end we were SO glad that we had the chance to do that. Needless to say, I didn't have the energy to play hard in the park. Jack spent most of the time running around while I rested so we could eat or get a fast pass. I felt so lame, but so happy at the same time.
We got Just Married buttons because we were counting this as the honeymoon we missed out on a year ago. It was the best decision we've ever made! Everyone was so nice to us. The attention was great, we felt extra special. Jack had never been to Disneyland so feeling extra special was just that much more exciting. We got to ride in the front of rides, the cut off for character pictures was just behind us. The cast members refused to let us take individual pictures, and would go out of their way to take extras.

Jack will say that the California Screamin' and Space Mountain were is favs. But he also said he was really impressed with the Sorin over California ride. I have all kinds of favorites, but my favorite this time was being able to go INSIDE the castle. It's just a walk through of the Sleeping Beauty story. I still get butterflies from this because I have been bugging the poor customer service people on the phone for years about the castle. I can really say my dreams have come true in Disneyland every time I have been.

6 comments:

  1. Those pictures are amazing! You look fabulous. I'm so happy you got to go and had so much fun. I didn't know you could even get Just Married buttons--it's awesome that they took care of you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a lot of fun! i so happy you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Your shirt looks super cute! Good choice! ;) I'm glad to see you had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice husband you have! So sweet! also, can I just say you look amazing. Your hair is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niceness all around. Last time I was at Disneyland with a "Just married" badge the people scorned and beat me with seraded sticks. Just cause I was by myself... jeez...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Disneyland is just fabulous :o) Points to Jack.

    ReplyDelete

About Me