Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Good afternoon, My name is Russel and I am a wilderness explorer in tribe 54.....

I have watched a lot of movies. Crazy enough, not a ton. Currently I am watching UP. Today I spent some time with Brittany. She helped me get some shopping done. Then I went to drop off some paperwork at the hospital. Then Jack came home. I have spent most of my time around people today which has been pleasant. What I am trying to say is, I have only watched 2 movies today. Up and Ice Age 3.

I have had a lot of help, and I have really appreciated it. People have brought me food, I have had wonderful gifts and notes in the mail/email. I am an extremely loved person. I

I feel alright, just generally uncomfortable, tired, and out of breath. I have developed some terrible headaches.But the good thing is there is no immediate danger says the doctor. My six inch bruise from my blown vein IV attempt is starting to fade, but hurts pretty bad. The actual area of the IV is starting to develop a large bump. Again the doctor says "no problem unless it gets hot and you get a fever." so no death in the near future.

I want to go back to where I said people have brought me dinner. I have met several people from my ward and one in particular I have to talk about.

She told us the amazing story of the birth of her daughter. I think she came 2 months early. The girl said she fell and about a week later she had some bleeding and cramping. Being worried they went to the emergency room. There they found her baby at the bottom of her pant leg, still in the sac. They rushed her to the labor and delivery floor where they got the baby out of her pants but unfortunately they thought it may be too late because it had fallen our of her body a while before they got to the hospital. Well one nurse didn't want to give up, so 101 dalmatians style she rubbed the baby's back and after a few min. a breath and a cry! The baby had to be flown to Ogden where she spent the rest of her time until being able to come home. On her records at the hospital it says "baby found in mom's pants."

Tomorrow Tessa is going to take me on a carriage ride. I also have my first meeting with the Share Parents that came and helped me take pictures of the twins in the hospital. They have speakers once a month. It's like a little support group. I feel like my blog was a little choppy today, and no pictures. I can try and take some tomorrow, oh and this weekend when we go to Provo/Highland/Springville/Salt Lake and Eagle Mountain.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, you never hear those kind of crazy stories in real life! i'm glad everything turned out ok. and i love that part of up, the wilderness must be explored! ca-caw, roar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know you were headed to my neck of the woods-any chance i can see ya and give you a big hug?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inviting me to go shopping! You are great and I hope you have a fun time next week! We'll have to get together again for sure when you come back!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me